San Diego Emergency Sewage Cleanup
Sewage backups are some of the most stressful and overwhelming ordeals for any home or business owner. They are also extremely dangerous due to the number of pathogens, bacteria, and many other contaminants that raw sewage contains. If left unaddressed it can lead to permanent damage and increasingly difficult cleanup.
Leave it to the Professionals
We know that there are many situations in which a homeowner might forego calling a professional and try and solve problems on their own. However, when it comes to dealing with sewage cleanup, the health risks are too great for anyone other than a trained professional. Due to the many biohazards’ raw sewage contains there are many health risks exposure could pose, including:
- Hepatitis A
- Escherichia coli
- Skin Infections
- Well’s Disease
Our sewage cleanup technicians have been trained to solve all types of sewage problems safely and efficiently. We at SDFR – San Diego Flood Restoration pride ourselves on providing our clients with exemplary cleanup services.
The first step of the cleanup process is to remove all standing water. After this has been completed, we begin to sanitize & disinfect the entire area, making sure it has been purged of all contamination. Each worker is equipped with protective gear and sophisticated equipment that allows for a safe and quick cleanup. We then make sure the environment is dry and safe from mold growth.
Causes of Sewage Backups
There are a few common causes of sewer backups:
- Tree roots
- Roots can make cracks in sewer lines as they seek out moisture. They can lead to costly and extensive damages
- Aging/Old sewage system
- Over time sewage systems can become backed up or clogged, leading to breaks in the system.
- Heavy Rains
- This leads to systems being overloaded and an overflow of water.
Types of Contaminated Water
When assessing the situation of a sewage cleanup there are three types of contaminated water:
- Clean Water
- This situation deals with water that has not been contaminated but could quickly become so.
- Usually occurs due to a broken water line
- Gray Water
- Water that has been contaminated by urine or chemicals. This can come from toilet overflows, washing machines, dishwashers, or other similar problems
- Black Water
- Water that is heavily contaminated with chemicals, feces, and gray water. This type of contaminated water poses serious health risks and should be treated quickly.
- Please leave it to the professionals, and do not attempt to clean up on your own
With a strong focus on customer satisfaction and years of experience, you can rely upon our cleanup professionals for all your sewage cleanup needs. If you would like more information or need immediate assistance in the San Diego area, please contact us at (619) 265-7337.